Dark circles, swelling, wrinkles under the eyes, this is not at all what we want to see when we look in the mirror every morning. There are many reasons for them to appear: genetics, lack of sleep, dehydration, incorrect nutrition or hormonal changes. But most of the time, these imperfections reveal the daily external effects that the skin suffers, which can be combated.
Rejuvenate skin under your eyes in 1 minute
We have compiled different effective ways to maintain skin tone, as long as these procedures are carried out regularly. Each of them will take only 1 minute, and that’s it!
1. Daily anti-wrinkle massage
A simple massage helps fight swelling quickly morning, as well as prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
- Place the ring fingers under the eyebrows, between the eyebrows, and make smooth and smoothing movements towards the temples. Then, move the fingers under the eyes and repeat these movements from the inner corners of these to the temples. Repeat 10 times.
- Place the ring fingers in the area between the eyebrows and lightly tap them towards the temples. Then, repeat the same in the area under the eyes: start from the corners of the eyes and progress to the temples. Repeat 10 times.
- With the tips of the index fingers, lightly press the points between the inside corners of the eyes and between the eyebrows. Repeat 10 times.
During the massage, you can apply the cream to the eye area or a light oil.
2. Facial gymnastics against swelling
The fast facial gym stimulates blood circulation, eliminates excess fluids, makes the muscles work and increases the level of elasticity of the skin.
- Close your eyes for 5 seconds, pressing the eyelids. Then, relax. Repeat 10 times.
- Place the index fingers at the corners of the eyes and gently stretch the skin. Open them and close them, but not completely. Repeat 10 times.
- Open your mouth with the shape of the letter “O” to stretch the cheekbones, make eye movements upwards as if trying to see your eyebrows. Then, look again at the front. After several movements, keep your eyes up, feeling the muscles tense below the eyes. Repeat 10 times.
- Press the indexes of the hands at the outer corners of the eyes while the middle fingers go to the inside corners of the bridge of the nose. Hold the skin lightly, look up and squint, feeling the tension in the muscles. Hold for 3 seconds and then relax. Repeat 10 times.
3. “Vegetable” ice against swelling and dark circles
Proper use of the plants will also help you cope with puffiness and dark circles.
Inside: the infusion of shepherd’s bag is considered one of the best remedies to fight swelling, but it should only be bought in pharmacies and after consulting with your doctor in case you have problems with your urinary system.
On the outside: use ice cubes of herbal infusions to tone the skin and warm compresses to relieve swelling.
The infusions of parsley, sage and lemon balm are ideal for freezing.
For warm infusions, it is best to opt for chamomile, mint and linden.
You can also resort to contrast pads : divide the infusion between hot and cold, and apply alternating two cotton discs over the eyes.
4. Vitamins A and K against dark circles and wrinkles
The lack of vitamins can affect the condition of the skin below the eyes. However, to take them inside, you need to consult a doctor first.
Not in vain, you can resort to vitamins on the outside: through cosmetic products and oils. The most important for the skin around the eyes are the following:
- Vitamin K. It makes the capillaries located near the surface of the skin less visible, it is used to prevent the appearance of pigmentation spots and bruises, and reduces swelling.
- Vitamin C. Protects against ultraviolet radiation and, more precisely, against free radicals that form under exposure to ultraviolet rays, so it is used to combat dark circles.
- Vitamin A. It accelerates the cellular metabolism, increases the production of collagen, has antioxidant properties and, therefore, is an excellent remedy against wrinkles and dark circles.
5. Apply cosmetics with active ingredients against dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles
It is worth paying attention to the compositions of the cosmetic products for the skin around the eyes, since some of their substances aim to directly treat the problem.
- Kojic acid. This substance blocks the synthesis process of melanin, and clarifies fine areas of the skin.
- Caffeine. It improves vascular tone, maintains cell membranes and creates an optimal balance of water in the skin, thus reducing the number of wrinkles. The drainage effect helps to significantly reduce swelling.
- Epidermal growth factor. This protein slows the aging process of skin cells because it boosts natural processes. One of its properties is to reduce the notoriety of dark circles and wrinkles due to the regeneration of tissues.
6. Oils against wrinkles and dark circles
If you’re not allergic to oils, it’s worth trying. Check the reaction of your skin in the inner fold of the elbow before applying one of these products to your face. If you do not have symptoms of allergy, you can add a drop to your daily cream for the care of the eye contour.
Important. In no case, essential oils can be applied in their pure state and directly on the sensitive skin located around the eyes: they can cause burns. It can only be used in this way if it is a base one.
- They reduce the notoriety of wrinkles, firm and tone the skin: almond, lavender, rose and eucalyptus oils.
- Hydrate and nourish: castor oil, avocado oil, peach and patchouli.
- They reduce pigmentation and protect from ultraviolet light: castor oil, sea buckthorn, fennel, sesame and flax oil.
It is always better to use moisturizing and nourishing oils in the cold season, while those that protect from UV light are ideal for periods of heat.
Have you found these tips useful? Do you have your own methods already tested? Share them with us in the comments.