You will learn how to make lemon curd and taste it. Lemon curd recipe is an indispensable taste of English cuisine, and you can add flavor to many products such as pancakes, cheesecakes, cakes, and cookies. In short, it is a fabulous flavor with unlimited use in all areas from breakfast to 5 teas. You can prepare in a short time with less material.
Ingredients for Lemon Curd
- 2 Pieces of Thin Shell Juicy Lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 glass of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Wiping Starch
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
How to Make Lemon Curd?
- Wash the lemons in plenty of water. Grate the lemon peel with a fine grater.
- Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons on top of the lemon peel you transferred to a saucepan.
- Add 2 eggs, sugar and starch. Carefully whisk with a wire whisk and identify thoroughly.
- Take the pan to the stove and cook with stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- It is enough to remain on medium heat for about 3 minutes. You need to get it from the stove before it reaches boiling.
- With the help of a strainer with small pores, strain the prepared cream until all the pulp is gone.
- Cover with the stretch film so that it contacts the filtered cream. Let it cool for about 5 minutes. This part is very important because lemon curd will not hold in this way.
- Let’s add the butter coming to room temperature and mix well.
- Let’s put it in small jars and close the mouth with the clean lid to be used for the first time.
- The cream will be ready for use immediately. You can keep it in the refrigerator and consume it fresh for about 10 days.
Lemon Curd Tricks
- The most important consideration when making lemon cream, also called lemon curd, is that the eggs are fresh. It is essential that the egg is not stale since it is a product made without boiling at high temperature.
- Part of this recipe to be considered during cooking is to mix without leaving any. Since there are lemon juice and eggs in the mixture, it should be mixed continuously to avoid cutting.
- For those who want to use a blender instead of a strainer, the taste of the two will be different, and we recommend that you do so with a wire strainer.